The MXR design team has collaborated with Eddie Van Halen to deliver a full range of powerful saturation and hyper-driven tones right at your feet. The resulting evh 5150 overdrive joins hand-adjusted multi-stage mosfets with a full complement of controls to deliver overdriven tube-like tones and exceptional sonic flexibility through a wide variety of amps and speaker cabinets. Whether on stage or in the studio, The evh 5150 overdrive controls dial up the whole spectrum-from eddie’s groundbreaking early classic tones to the high gain, super-articulate sound He uses today. Output and gain controls set your volume and distortion levels, while the 3-band passive tone stack EQ section shapes your sound to taste. The boost switch kicks the 5150 overdrive into high gear with extra gain and compression, and the gate control-powered by the smart gate circuit-tames unwanted noise. The evh 5150 overdrive features true bypass switching and comes in a road-worthy housing emblazoned with custom evh artwork.
MXR EVH 5150 Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
- Overdrive pedal based on the Blue channel of the EVH 5150 amplifier
- 3-band EQ lets you dial in your perfect tone
- Add extra punch to your sound with the +6dB Boost
- Intelligent noise gate reacts slowly when you’re holding sustained notes and faster when your playing speeds up
- True-bypass operation keeps your tone clean when not engaged
- Runs from a 9-volt battery or power supply